Homeschooling...Ruth Beechick Style!

Natural Learning through real books and real life!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Blog...

I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while. What better time than at the beginning of a new year. Well, not only a new year but a new decade! I wonder how I will do with this. Either I will post obsessively or ignore this new "friend".

Let's see...what do I want to say first...

I've recently decided to start reading more. Not just reading more but also reading *classics*. Tackling one book a month is also another endeavor I'm planning. Here's my tentative list for 2010...

***Finish:
-Little Women
-Age of Opportunity (parenting teens book)

***New reading for 2010:
-Anne of Green Gables
-The Chosen
-Laddie
-Little Britches
-The Lonesome God's (reread this)
-Pride and Prejudice
-A Tale of Two Cities
-The Merchant of Venice
-Waldon
(All of the above are suggested reading for mentors in A Thomas Jefferson Education)
-Little Men
-Jo's Boys
-The Hiding Place
-Mere Christianity (I plan to read this on the weekend instead of my regular bible reading plan).
-Bible (daily...all year)

Greta:)

3 comments:

  1. Age of Opportunity is an awesome book! Thanks for reminding me of it ... I think I could stand to re-read it this year and will go put it on my list. I hope to do better this year with my reading list. The DeMille book was on my list for last year and unfortunately it never got read. Keep us posted on your progress with your ambitious goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age of Opportunity is on my "to finish" list too. It's the best teenager parenting book I've read and I need all the help I can get with four teenagers in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like I need to search out the book "Age of Opportunity" and start reading it since it appears to be highly recommended here! Keep us posted on how your reading goals go this year!

    ReplyDelete