Homeschooling...Ruth Beechick Style!

Natural Learning through real books and real life!

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Bible Verse

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Greek: irritable and does not count up wrong doing.

I began 2009 in a deep, dark spiritual desert. By God's Grace, six months into '09 I was on the other side of the desert! It was a hard, yet wonderful, journey through that desert. I came out of my desert experience with my focus on glorifying God. Sometimes the best revelations are the simplest ones. I didn't say easy. Oh, it's not easy to always Glorify the Lord. It is simple because instead of thinking, "How can I be a better wife (or mother, friend, etc...)?" I just pray, "Lord, show me how to glorify YOU today."

I can't glorify the Lord unless He is directing my path. There is nothing in my flesh that can glorify Him. Only the Holy Spirit can teach me how to glorify Him. I've learned that the things that glorify Him the most come at simple, everyday moments with friends and family.

The verse that God has given me this year focuses on what love actually should look like in my life. My prayer for 2010 is for the Holy Spirit to teach me how to LIVE this verse, especially with my hubby and children!

Happy New Year!
Greta:)

1 comment:

  1. What a great goal and focus for the year. That simple prayer is one that I need to repeat in my own life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete