Homeschooling...Ruth Beechick Style!

Natural Learning through real books and real life!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Easy One-Skillet Chicken Parmesan

Here's another recipe that all my picky men folk enjoyed. I did too, but *I* am not the picky eater around these parts!:)

Easy One-Skillet Chicken Parmesan


-1 ½ Tbsp. oil
-4 small boneless chicken breast halves (1lb.)
-1 ½ cups frozen chopped green bell peppers
-1 can diced tomatoes with basal, garlic & oregano
-1 cup water
-2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
-1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated

1.Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and peppers, cover. Cook 4-5 min. on each side or until chicken is cooked through, stirring peppers occasionally. Remove chicken from skilled, cover to keep warm.

2.Add the can of diced tomatoes and water to skillet; stir. Brind to boil.

3.Stir in rice, top with chicken. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 min. or until cheese are melted.

I modified this from a recipe I found on the back of the Minute Rice box. I only made garlic bread to go with this dish. Next time I serve it, I will either have to make *2* skillets of this dish or add a salad and maybe some green beans for a side dish. All my men said they'd rather have just 2 skillets of this next time. They really loved it. A rare thing for all for all of them and for ME to also love the same dish so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment