Homeschooling...Ruth Beechick Style!

Natural Learning through real books and real life!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Current Reading List

Here's my current reading list...
-The One Year Bible and/or ESV Study Bible
-The Holiness of God by Sproul
-A History of the American People by Johnson
-Norhtanger Abbey by Jane Austen
-Napoleon's Button's How 17 Molecules Changed History
-The Count of Monte Cristo
-How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
-Are You a Liberal, Conservative or Confused?

My surprise favorite in this list is The Count of Monte Cristo and the Holiness of God.  I hate "preachy" books, so I often avoid spiritual books (other than the bible, of course:). The Holiness of God is a delightful surprise! 

The Count of Monte Cristo is, well, so dog-gone THICK. I also thought it was one of those "boy books" that appeal to men more than women. Not true, at least at this early point in the book. Oh, and I'm *trying* to set a good example for my boys and pick up THICK books, NOT see exactly  how pages are in the book nor in the chapter I'm reading. Surprise what we can find enjoyable when we stop letting stuff like that get in the way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment